Nia King is the author of Queer and Trans Artists of Color. She is also the host and producer of We Want the Airwaves podcast.
- She has interviewed culture-makers such as graphic novelist Gene Luen Yang, writer Mat Johnson, and comedian Hari Kondabolu.
- Her writing about race, gender, and sexuality has been published in the journal Women and Performance, the book Zines in Third Space, and the magazine make/shift.
- Her comics have been featured in Colorlines, Interrupt Mag, and in the Ladydrawers exhibition "Sex. Money. Race. Gender."
- Her film, The Craigslist Chronicles, has screened at the National Queer Arts Festival, Queer Women of Color Film Festival, York University, University of Toronto, and NYU.
- In the fall of 2013, Nia toured the US with the POC Project Race Riot Tour as a performer. In spring of 2014, Nia toured the US and Canada with Mangos with Chili as their official tour documentarian.
- Nia has spoken about her work at colleges such as Stanford University, University of Arizona and Oregon State University and at conferences such as Facing Race, the National Association for Ethnic Studies Conference and the Allied Media Conference.